50% of your time is spent on special projects. You will still have the consistency of your monthly/quarterly reporting, yet the special projects will give you a lot of diversity in what you do. You can volunteer to work on projects that interest you most and give you exposure to departments that interest you. You will have options for moving into other departments, including business units, accounting, operations, and others.
- You will work with a team to prepare and file 10-Ks, 10-Qs and some 8-Ks, along with industry best practices and emerging disclosure requirements.
- Continually research best practices to prepare and review policies related to your work.
- Manage multiple projects across financial and operational units simultaneously. Establish priorities and deadlines, coordinate resources and be involved in implementation.
- Research and analyze guidance for significant transactions.
- Collaborate on consolidation of rollforwards and monthly consolidation entries.
3+ years experience in public accounting, SEC experience is required.